Saturday 26 January 2008

Not knitting?

You will be pleased to hear that I have been working away finishing off my projects and have achieved the following:
Finished a sleeve for the green spotty jumper
Finished the back and started a sleeve for the fair isle jumper
Started a sleeve for the blue patterned jumper.

Not bad considering I haven't had much time for knitting this week. As the weather has been much nicer here in Devon - sorry if it hasn't been where you are - we have been out on some long walks with the dogs. I thought you might appreciate a photo or two, so here goes:

This is one of our favourite walks on Dartmoor at Newbridge. We like it because it is has tracks, river, trees and an ice cream van in the car park. The dogs really love it here and if we walk both sides of the car park it is an easy 3 miles, so good to do when you don't have much time.

This picture shows my favourite thing on Dartmoor - moss covered bolders. Don't ask me why they are my favourite - they just are. A bit Disneyish I think. If you look very closely at the rather poor photo, you will be able to see the rear half of my Jack Russell, Rex. He seems to get his rear into most photos.

This exciting 'action shot' is of both dogs, Snuff, the black labrador and Rex, the Jack Russell. When we used to own our holiday cottage agency, customers would ring up and ask if they could bring their 'very well behaved' dog. This always made me feel very inadequate as I knew that in a similar situation I would have to ask if we could bring our 'very badly behaved' dogs and that the answer would probably be no.


No comments: