Monday 29 December 2008

Christmas Knitting

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Mine was pretty productive really. After finishing the two aran cardigans (very well received by parents), I found a bit more enthusiasm for knitting and made these for my friend's daughter.

These have been modelled by daughter Lucy who was home from Glasgow for the Christmas period. She spent a week with us and has now gone to celebrate New Year in Prague. It must be hard being a student. If you look closely, you will also see Snuff, our black labrador, lurking around in the background. She is a little camera shy unlike Rex.
Lucy also got the knitting bug and after rifling through the stockroom came out with a skein of Colourscape Cherry and decided to knit the beret from the Cocoon book. As she has only ever knitted a scarf before, I was slightly concerned that she may not cope with it. She also decided it had to be finished before her holiday and as she started it on the 23rd I didn't think she'd get it done. I had forgotten what a determined child she is though, and here is the finished item:

She reminds me of a French art student. Don't ask me why, but I am sure I have seen an illustration of one somewhere looking just like her! Anyway, I think she did well.

On a different topic, keep looking at the website as we will be adding more sale items to the shop over the next few days........

No comments: