Thursday 20 August 2009

Success - it's all in the Planning....


Don't you think planning your knitting projects can be more fun than actually making them? I am a great looker (I wish) and planner, but not a great finisher. It is usually best for me to avoid things that come in pairs - socks, gloves, sleeves, backs and fronts etc as I really enjoy the first and then rarely finish the second. Lately, I don't know what has been the matter with me, but I rarely even start the second. I think having access to too much yarn isn't good for me - I just start projects and then leave them hanging about.
So, in an attempt to shame myself into finishing things, here is my Christmas list. Actual patterns etc won't be named at the moment - nor the name of the recipient, just in case they read the blog. As some gifts are for Lucy, Joe and my mum this is highly unlikely. Ian, who does read my blog (just to shame me into reading his) is not receiving a knitted gift this year - or at least not knitted by me.
2 pairs gloves
1 aran scarf
3 hats
1 cabled gillet
1 lace scarf
1 shrug (see picture)
We have been able to get some Rowan kits at a good price and in the fullness of time (when I have finished the structural changes to the website) I will be putting these up. These will make excellent Christmas presents as the recipient will be able to knit their own gift! Be careful which kit you get though - it may turn out to be your gift next Christmas!
As mentioned in my previous post, I will update the blog each week with the progress of these projects. So today's update - list made, nothing knitted, or even cast on.

No comments: