Wednesday 25 June 2008

It's been a week since ......

I said I would show you some of the things I have been knitting. A few weeks ago Gina (Starchild) on Ravelry, put out a call for acrylic yarn that she and her fellow knitters could use for making items to sell at a craft fair. The money they raise goes to a South West Children's Hospice charity. I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to rid myself of some the yarn that's hanging around here. So, I went to the secret stash (my daughter's wardrobe, if you're wondering. This is probably the least likely place my husband would ever look.). I found some stuff which I hope the knitters will use, but even better I found two 400 gm balls of Stylecraft Pure Wool and acrylic mix in Aran. I had used a few strands of each - both to finish garments for my niece and nephew - but basically they were intact. Here is what you can make with one ball of each - and still have plenty over for at least another couple of hats and a pair of mittens!





I have also finished a blue and white slipover which I will photo later. I am going to give them the rest of the yarn as I can't bear to think of knitting anything else with it. By the way, all patterns are Sirdar Chino Knits from the two books published with the same name. The tension is not correct and so I assume the sizing will vary from the pattern. Just like all my other knitting.

No comments: