Friday 29 May 2009

What I did on my holiday......

We have just returned from a lovely holiday in Weymouth. Why Weymouth? Well, when I was a small child my grandparents owned a couple of caravans on a permanent campsite just on the outskirts of the town. Each year we went for one week of the school holidays and this continued until I was about ten or so. The caravans were terribly old-fashioned and had gas lights, no washing facilities and very lumpy mattresses. They were extremely small and the five of us would squash in and hope the weather would be good so we could play outside. My artist sister in law, Kerry Phippen also used to stay in the same make of caravan - this time at the Isle of Skye and she has painted this fabulous picture of them:

Sorry the photo is so small, Kerry has some clever anti-copying device on her website! Anyway, back to the point. We wanted to have a holiday in Dorset and I thought my parents might like to revisit Weymouth after probably 30+ years. So that's what we did. The weather was great, Dorset was beautiful and we all had a great time.

So, now we are back at work and in the words of my mother 'it's all a distant memory'. Well, not quite, but I know what she means.

No comments: