Wednesday 12 November 2008

Christmas is coming (very slowly) ....

Yet another week (and more) has gone by without me adding a blog post. What excuses do I have this time? None, really. Actually, I have got one - we were invited to a wedding last weekend and it took two whole days of shopping to get Ian an outfit. Mine took considerably less time and ended with me borrowing a scarf from my next-door neighbour, just 45 mins before we had to leave for the event! Sadly, in our hurry we forgot to take the camera so I cannot show you any photos of the lovely bride (my niece) or anything else really.

So, what's been happening on the knitting front? Well, I did frog Emily's cardigan and knitted another. Emily was a bridesmaid at the wedding and I found she has grown in the few months since I last saw her. Considerably. Considerably more, in fact, than I could have thought possible. So, I am now forgetting I ever had hopes to knit a cardigan for Christmas and have purchased many High School Musical items instead. I'm sure she will enjoy these much more than a boring old cardigan, but that's not the point. I now need to find a recipient for the aforementioned garment. It still needs blocking and then I promise to show you a picture.

Mum's Christmas cardigan and Dad's aran cardigan are still coming along. Slowly. Very, very slowly. Still, if I can't manage to finish them by Christmas, then they will have to wait. Or, of course, they can always have some High School Musical items instead.

If you haven't been able to complete all your knitted gifts for Christmas you can always send one of our lovely Gift vouchers. We have got some super cards from Herdy and so you will be supporting Lake District charities as well! Here is a sample of one of the gift cards.


No comments: